Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hope

Last weekend, my Mom and I went to go see the premier performance of "Lamb of God" by Rob Gardner in Gammage Auditorium. So Amazing! I'm sure I've listened to the CD about 20 times now and not just because I love the music, but I also love analyzing the creativity behind it...nerdy? Probably ;) One of my favorite parts, "Gethsemane" features the leitmotif or recurring theme of Christ portrayed on the Cello. I'm impressed with its power and emotion. Another favorite part refers to Calvary; "Hope did not die here, but here was given; and ours is the victory. Here is Hope." This program ends quoting Romans 8, which has for many years meant so much to me for various reasons...and I'm sure more reasons will be added: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakendess, or peril, or sword?...Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us". Two of my favorite words from both quotes; Conquer and Victory! On a little more personal note, this music unexpectedly brought a healing power which awoke feelings I had not felt in so long. To sum up the "Lamb of God" I have one word : Hope

1 comment:

ginalenore said...

Wendy! Love the blog so far! Hopefully you will keep yours up better than I have mine... :) Hope things are going well for you in Thatcher, my friend! :)