Last Weekend we had a funeral for my Grandma Allred who passed away not long after her 90th Birthday. At the viewing I was reminded of the connection our bodies have with our spirits. To see my Grandma so still and without life, it really had an effect on me. That's not the Grandma I, or anyone, knew. I loved the scripture quoted from Job 14:14 "If a man die, shall he live again?" One thing I have very strong feelings for is the idea of the Resurrection. I got to sing an arrangement of "I Know that my Redeemer Lives/Together Forever" and in those few moments, two things also struck me. "He lives so we can conquer death" and "we will be together forever someday". There is a power in those words and I felt it. I aslo felt it in these words spoken by Jesus Christ to Martha "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live..." John 11:25. I heard these words later that night as they were put to music in an Oratorio called the Lamb of God. This will go in another post...
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Together Forever
Last Weekend we had a funeral for my Grandma Allred who passed away not long after her 90th Birthday. At the viewing I was reminded of the connection our bodies have with our spirits. To see my Grandma so still and without life, it really had an effect on me. That's not the Grandma I, or anyone, knew. I loved the scripture quoted from Job 14:14 "If a man die, shall he live again?" One thing I have very strong feelings for is the idea of the Resurrection. I got to sing an arrangement of "I Know that my Redeemer Lives/Together Forever" and in those few moments, two things also struck me. "He lives so we can conquer death" and "we will be together forever someday". There is a power in those words and I felt it. I aslo felt it in these words spoken by Jesus Christ to Martha "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live..." John 11:25. I heard these words later that night as they were put to music in an Oratorio called the Lamb of God. This will go in another post...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment