Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Handel's Messiah


Tonight I went to the 1st choir practice for our Community's 74th Annual performance of Handel's Messiah. It felt so good to sing in a choir again! (...even if it was a little painful to feel and hear how vocally out of shape I am) As I sat in EAC's choir room and sang the music to this incredible musical work, I was amazed at the feelings and memories that flooded back to me. I love how music does that! Those days were a huge contribution to who I have become and I caught a glimpse of the person I used to be. Tonight, I enjoyed those memories and feelings which are my very own.

3 comments:

Amber Bryce said...

I LOVE singing Messiah!

Ironygirl said...

Messiah is so special. I'm glad you get to to do it.

ginalenore said...

Yay Wendy!! I feel the same way! I usually cry a little when we're singing the last couple of songs...but I hope to sing with you this year! :)