Thursday, May 5, 2011

Best Job Ever!!

I find myself using this phrase a lot when people ask me how I like my job. Today was our last music program and it was a great ending to the year!  It's been a privilege teaching music to these students and I've felt so much support from teachers, parents, district and community.  I'm close to the end of my first year teaching music and I can see how much I've grown.  Although I really had to adapt to teaching and putting on programs for young students, this job really fits me perfectly. I danced around the idea of such a career for a while, but after this experience I finally feel committed to teaching music. It combines two of my passions: Teaching and Music.  Both always challenge me and continuously provide opportunites for progression.  It's been rewarding to see these students grow in their skills and love for music and performing.   I love what I do...it really is the Best Job EVER!

A Disney Celebration!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

And I'm just sayin...the Cinderella Castle looks awesome, just look at the detail! :)

You did an incredible job this whole year!

Wendy said...

Awesome Detail! Actually Brigham thought it was really cool. I told him who did it and he was even more impressed!

P.S. I had an amazing Sister and Mom who went to EVERY program, recorded and took pictures! Plus helped with the props.