I've been thinking about all the places I’ve lived and roommates I’ve had…and I was surprised at what I’ve accumulated over this last decade:
Howard’s Trailer Park (“Paradise Villa”) – 7 total roommates for both Trailer #5 and #12
Now that was a great place to live back in those long past EAC days! It was like its own little neighborhood community. We knew everyone in all the trailers, due to "Trailer Hopping" and all were invited to the parties. Looking back, I can’t believe how many people we’d always cram into our front rooms to play games, watch movies or just hang out.
Now that was a great place to live back in those long past EAC days! It was like its own little neighborhood community. We knew everyone in all the trailers, due to "Trailer Hopping" and all were invited to the parties. Looking back, I can’t believe how many people we’d always cram into our front rooms to play games, watch movies or just hang out.
Goodman’s Apartment #2 – add 3 more roommates
There were only a couple apartments and small houses filled that summer, so we all became good friends and did everything together. Goodman’s and the Institute were the places to go if there was any fun to be had. We’d all hang out in the big parking lot, or our apartment or go sit up on the roof and star gaze and laugh and talk.
There were only a couple apartments and small houses filled that summer, so we all became good friends and did everything together. Goodman’s and the Institute were the places to go if there was any fun to be had. We’d all hang out in the big parking lot, or our apartment or go sit up on the roof and star gaze and laugh and talk.
The Town House – add 3 more roommates to the mix (with 2 repeats)
This huge old house on the highway had a big window in the front for all to see the craziness going on inside. We loved to play the card game “Scum” and continue to cram as many people we could in the (now bigger) front room for parties, dances, and movies…and always got in trouble with our neighbors because of too many cars parked out front.
This huge old house on the highway had a big window in the front for all to see the craziness going on inside. We loved to play the card game “Scum” and continue to cram as many people we could in the (now bigger) front room for parties, dances, and movies…and always got in trouble with our neighbors because of too many cars parked out front.
Mission Companions in the MTC and Connecticut – 6
Of course I’m going to add my mission companions! We spent 24/7 with each other as we worked and taught. I learned many things about life, myself and others that I couldn't have learned otherwise. I have great memories with each of them.
Of course I’m going to add my mission companions! We spent 24/7 with each other as we worked and taught. I learned many things about life, myself and others that I couldn't have learned otherwise. I have great memories with each of them.
Baronnessa Apartment D8 (Date…get it! Haha) – 17 total…geeze!
Throughout my two years at BYU-Idaho, I lived in the same apartment. I loved it (not just because of the name). There was always 6 of us (typical of BYU-I housing). Crazy, but we did it and each semester we all became great friends. We’d even take roommate pictures together! In warm weather, we liked to buy cheap couches to put outside on our porch…which of course looked trashy and we’d get in trouble.
Burger House (no idea why it was called that) – 2 (plus one repeat)
A college roommate convinced me to move to Jackson Hole for a semester and work with her…which was an adventure for both of us! For a bit, we had the HUGE house to ourselves, but then added 2 girls that moved to the U.S. (from Kazakhstan and Brazil) to work with us...this wasn’t my first experience, since I had a roommate from China at BYU-I. But it’s still worth noting for someone like me with my small town background.
Throughout my two years at BYU-Idaho, I lived in the same apartment. I loved it (not just because of the name). There was always 6 of us (typical of BYU-I housing). Crazy, but we did it and each semester we all became great friends. We’d even take roommate pictures together! In warm weather, we liked to buy cheap couches to put outside on our porch…which of course looked trashy and we’d get in trouble.
Burger House (no idea why it was called that) – 2 (plus one repeat)
A college roommate convinced me to move to Jackson Hole for a semester and work with her…which was an adventure for both of us! For a bit, we had the HUGE house to ourselves, but then added 2 girls that moved to the U.S. (from Kazakhstan and Brazil) to work with us...this wasn’t my first experience, since I had a roommate from China at BYU-I. But it’s still worth noting for someone like me with my small town background.
Love Shack #6 – 2 (plus the same repeat)
Most who worked for the Jackson Trading Company lived in the Love Shack employee housing. It was like an instant social group and family and I enjoyed it. Whenever we had a day off, we’d invite anyone else who was also off and go for a hike, bike ride or go on some adventure in this outdoorsy tourist town.
The Aspens – 2
This condo outside of Jackson was in a sweet area: close to Teton Village (Ski Resort) and an entrance into Grand Teton National Park. It was fun driving through the park in the evenings to see the elk. We also had a neighborhood moose and lawn chairs for furniture!
Most who worked for the Jackson Trading Company lived in the Love Shack employee housing. It was like an instant social group and family and I enjoyed it. Whenever we had a day off, we’d invite anyone else who was also off and go for a hike, bike ride or go on some adventure in this outdoorsy tourist town.
The Aspens – 2
This condo outside of Jackson was in a sweet area: close to Teton Village (Ski Resort) and an entrance into Grand Teton National Park. It was fun driving through the park in the evenings to see the elk. We also had a neighborhood moose and lawn chairs for furniture!
The Willows – 1, plus 1 repeat
After moving back to Arizona (and having a nice break from roommates) I now live in the sunny city! I feel as though I’ve come full circle, since both roommates are old friends from EAC days. Here's to more good times!
GRAND TOTAL # OF ROOMATES….43!! (not even counting the repeat roommates!) Shocking isn’t it? Awesome roommates are hard to come by and I feel lucky to have had these experiences.
How many roommates have you had??
After moving back to Arizona (and having a nice break from roommates) I now live in the sunny city! I feel as though I’ve come full circle, since both roommates are old friends from EAC days. Here's to more good times!
GRAND TOTAL # OF ROOMATES….43!! (not even counting the repeat roommates!) Shocking isn’t it? Awesome roommates are hard to come by and I feel lucky to have had these experiences.
How many roommates have you had??
![]() |
| My last semester in D8 |

4 comments:
That's a really cute picture! I've only had 10 (not counting my hubby). I remember that summer in Goodman's. Good times!
Wow, you beat me by a lot! Not having a mission and getting married at 20 really hurt me in the running though. :) I love the picture!
Can I count my animals? Because I had a LOT of those. No? Well, then I only had 6 the whole time I was in college, which seemed longer than it really was. But they were some AWESOME times!!
I've never counted...mostly because by the end I wanted to forget most of mine! Ha ha!
Post a Comment