Who would've thought?!
Really, I can actually relate to this one in particular: Begin Again
Sometimes us girls say there are no good guys left out there.
I admit that I've said it before.
Like most of us, this attitude comes from negative experiences in dating and we start to believe these experiences are typical.
But then something changes. We begin having positive experiences.
Just like this song, we find ourselves amazed at the little things.
These guys stand as you walk to greet them.
They laugh at the funny things we say (even if we didn't realize it was funny ☺)
They "don't know how nice that is, but I do".
As I look back on this year, I feel lucky to have had these great dating experiences.
These are the things I appreciated the most:
- Putting effort into our dates
- Dancing under the stars
- Trampling through a corn maze because I wanted to...and getting lost
- Dropping plans for the night to take me out on a spontaneous blind date
- Enjoying converstations until we get kicked out at closing time
- Taking me to places that I mentioned I liked
- Asking me questions about myself and showing interest in my answers
- Remembering the things I say, even months later
- Letting me talk about my day and not rushing me or asking to skip my details
- Admitting that he has read my blog
- Buying me a pumpkin
- Standing to greet me, opening doors and sliding my chair
- Letting me have the best seat on an amusement park ride
- Saying we can see Breaking Dawn, Part 2 if I really want to (don't worry, I didn't make him see it with me)
- Taking me to see Christmas lights
- Calling me (and not being annoyed when I don't get back to them that minute)
- Treating me with respect, without expectations
Who says there aren't any good guys left?
I say there are plenty.
No comments:
Post a Comment