Sometimes I found myself automatically expecting things not to work out, like that attitude of "me against the world". To counter that, I created a playlist of positive songs to bring me out of that funk.
Today, as I drove to Phoenix for my Teaching Certificate, I found myself imagining all kinds of things that could go wrong...Then I remembered my old playlist. I put it on and immediately felt better. I felt optimistic.
The song When You Wish Upon a Star really did the trick:
The song When You Wish Upon a Star really did the trick:
♫"Fate is kind. She brings to those who find the sweet fulfillment of that secret longing. Like a boat out on the blue, fate steps in and sees you through. When you wish upon a star your dreams come true."♫
It was a good reminder that "Fate" isn't some mean force that sets things in motion to make me fail.
Fate is kind and will step in to help me succeed. Fate wants to help make my dreams come true.
I got to the Department of Education and as they were getting ready to process my Teaching Certificate, I mentioned I also had my music endorsement application to turn in. Another lady who works for the Department walked up to the window and said she heard me mention my music endorsement. She offered to process that right then and there and add it to my Certificate!
I'll never forget the look of shock on the other lady's face...endorsements typically take weeks to get.
Moments later, she walks out, hands me my brand new Teacher Certificate (including my music endorsement) and congratulates me. I just wanted to hug this kind lady!! She went above and beyond for me. I felt like I had experienced a little miracle.
I expressed my sincerest gratitude and she wished me good luck. I couldn't stop smiling the whole drive home :)
Ladies and gentlemen....
I am now CERTIFIED and HIGHLY QUALIFIED.
It feels good to finally say that!
It feels good to finally say that!
All because Fate is Kind

No comments:
Post a Comment