Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New (Late) Discoveries

This summer I've discovered a few things... that most of you have already discovered. I'm just a little late. I don't know why it always takes me a little while longer to discover these things... but it does ☺

Discovery #1: Spotify
Not that I haven't heard of Spotify before, but I've never tried it out... so I never realized how great it is! I can listen to so many artists or albums that I want and I am discovering so many new (and old) awesome songs. After my free trial is up, however, I probably won't stay at Premium since I just don't listen to it enough to justify the subscription. But I'm really enjoying discovering some new music right now.

Discovery #2: The Little Mermaid on Broadway
How have I not listened (or gone to see it) until now! Thanks to Spotify I finally listened to all of the music and it is amazing. The music is amazing. The performers are amazing. Everything is amazing. It is also pretty funny. Seriously, this musical combines two of the greatest things ever: Disney and Broadway Musicals. I've been loving my road trips as I sing along to the music (good thing I'm alone in my car)

Discovery #3: New Star Trek Movies
With my Dad and brothers as Star Trek fans, I did grow up with these movies. But I never really watched the new Star Trek movie. Last month, I went and saw Star Trek Into Darkness and was suprised how much I loved it! Then I had to watch the new Star Trek movie and loved it too! They are my new favorite movies right now ☺
So I could understand the story better, I decided to watch the Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock. I remembered how much Khan scared me when I was little and how those bugs tramatized me. I still liked it, but I like the new Khan better (because I love him in Sherlock). Now I need to watch movie IV, Voyage Home. Growing up, that movie was always my favorite with the whales and breaking Chekov out of the hospital. Folks, it looks like I am officially a Star Trek Fan!

No comments: