Friday, April 15, 2011

Mountains are Calling...

...and I must GO!  I love the mountains and I also love hiking there.  I think it'd be fun to blog about the hikes I go on.  To kick off the hiking season, I will share some of my favorites from the last two summers in Jackson Hole, WY.



Taggart Lake
My favorite hike in the Grand Teton National Park!  It's a pretty easy 1.3 mile hike to the lake.  Along the way, we always like to climb this rock and take pictures of us looking all majestic ☺  It's also fun to chill on a big rock by the lake when you get there.
Though I love to go during the day to see all the wildflowers and the Tetons, my favorite is to go at night.  I love the stars in the night sky, especially when the trail opens up to a meadow.  The lake at night is gorgeous too.

Snow King
A Ski Hill in the heart of the town of Jackson, 2 miles, steep switch backs up the whole way.  This one kicks my butt. My calves burn, legs turn to jello, and I tend to get cranky because I hate feeling like a pansy!  Going during the day is fun because you can take the ski lift down.  It's so steep and kind of a rush! 
I also love climbing Snow King at night because occasionally the trail overlooks the town lights.  When I get to the top, I feel like I've conquered the King! I get a beautiful view of everything below, too.  My favorite is when the county fair was going on below and you could see all the rides, etc and really hear the music from Pat Green's Concert.  Cool memoryl!

Here I am taking in the beauty of the trail while hiking to Goodwin Lake










The longest hike I've ever done was a 13 mile trail that goes around Emma Matilda/Two Ocean Lakes.  After climbing up a steep, one mile hill...you get this view.  So worth it.


Another view at the top looking the other way at Mt. Moran and Jackson Lake.  We hung out up there and visited with fellow hikers we met along the way, which I also love to do.

There were more hikes and pictures, but I'll stop now before I get too carried away ;)  I'm excited to add more hiking adventures!

No comments: