Thursday, April 7, 2011

I feel Pretty, oh so Pretty!

I saw an essay contest about Recapturing Beauty. Even though I wasn't interested in writing an essay, it inspired me to create a list of what makes me feel beautiful. 

I feel beautiful when I:
  • Take care of myself (healthy food, skin/body care, getting enough sleep, etc)
  • Emphasize the features I have that I find beautiful
  • Wash off the make-up from the day and I'm just naturally me, fresh clean and beautiful.
  • Express myself through my hobbies, talents and passions (singing, teaching, writing, etc)
  • Am out in the beauty of nature...in a meadow running dress ;)
  • Wear flowers in my hair (since I've chopped my hair, I haven't lately and I miss it...gotta find a way to make it work for me!)
  • Recognize and love my body for what a gift it is and use it to hike, dance, stretch, sing or anything!
  • After I exercise.  Let's hear it for those endorphins!
  • Lift others up and allow them to let their own light shine
  • Recognize discouragement for what it is...and get rid of that negativity!
  • Enjoy compliments, let them lift me up and soar for a while
  • Feel the inner peace and joy of knowing I am living a day that is pleasing to God

Well that was fun!! And now I feel beautiful ☺

3 comments:

Amber Bryce said...

Awesome quote at the beginning! I had to repost it.

camilla said...

Love this!

Megan said...

I love this