I got the movie 17 Miracles for Christmas and tonight, we decided to watch it. Wow...that movie is really amazing and if you haven't seen it yet, you are missing out! It is a story about the Handcart Companies and their experiences, trials and miracles throughout that journey. I've always had a huge interest in this history and have researched and read much concerning it. This movie did not disappoint and was very powerful.
I felt inspired tonight in a variety of ways from the story of the Handcart Companies and their:
Faith that moved them onward
Humility (especially when they felt judged and chastened by others)
Love for family and others in the company
Endurance as they would dig deep down for strength to keep going
Gratitude for their blessings and especially their rescue
Most of all, I feel that these miracles were real. Heavenly Father helped them in many ways...and they became acquainted with Him and were aware that He was helping them.
The movie includes a story of Ann Jewel Rowley, who is my ancestor and I loved her miracle...I was surprised, because I'd never heard this story before! We got out the family history and read her own words about how the Lord provided for them to have enough food for the night...just like the story of Christ multiplying the loaves and fishes to make it enough.
I continued to read many other parts of her journal and entries from other ancestors, until finally, I read my Grandmother's Life Story...Emma Ruth Rowley. I enjoyed reading and learning stuff I didn't know. She talked so much about all her children and grandchildren...I'm even in it a little!
Have you ever done something like this before? Just get so carried away in reading journal entries and stories from your family? (Yes, this is what I did on a Friday night...because I'm awesome, haha)
I hardly know how to express all I am feeling right now or even what to make of it. But it feels good and I have loved tonight! You should do it sometime, it's a pretty amazing experience ☺
1 comment:
You ARE awesome!! And thanks for sharing...love tender mercies like this and moments that really strengthen your testimony:)
Post a Comment