Monday, September 10, 2012

The Healing Field

In honor of 9/11, Tempe Town Lakes has an amazing display called the "Healing Field" which displays rows and rows of American Flags representing each victim involved 11 years ago.



Almost 3,000 flags in Tempe Beach Park


Each flag has a name


Teddy Bears represent a child

There is a whole section with boots to represent the firemen, policemen and other service men

I am glad I went to see it tonight. If you are in the area tomorrow, don't miss out on seeing this moving patriotic dispay. The park is open 5 am to midnight. Go here to see what is going on tomorrow there. May we remember and honor those men and women.

1 comment:

Nikki Owens said...

Wendy...that looks like an awesome experience!!! I wish that I was down there that I could go see it myself. Maybe next year :)