Sunday, September 2, 2012

Life Lessons

This summer, (aside from traveling, homework and fun with family/friends) I also picked up on some awesome life lessons while watching all the How I Met Your Mother episodes on Netflix.
I'm not alone in my love of this T.V. series...so I've listed a few of them for some of you to enjoy. 
May they change your life as they did mine, haha

If babies are going to have a self-destruct button (soft spot), they should at least hide it where it won’t accidently get pressed!! (S4, “Not a Father’s Day”)
When I feel sad, I just stop feeling sad, and be AWESOME instead – (S2, “Where Were We?”)
Sometimes I need to Wooo! – (S4, “Woooo!”)
Nothing good happens after 2 AM – (S1 – “Nothing good ever happens after 2 AM”)
There is a list of things I am too old to do nowadays...but I can do them anyway – (S4, “Murtaugh”)
There is power in the word “NO” – (S5, “Of Course”)
It’s hard to be a “we” when it’s so easy just being “me” (S1, “Slutty Pumpkin”)

I am getting there as fast as I can – (S4, “As Fast as She Can”)
Long distance relationships don’t work – (S1, “Cupcake”) 

I don’t want "perfect" – (S1, “Milk”)
Enjoy the exciting city life for those kids in Nowhere, Wyoming (S2, “Single Stamina”)
You just gotta take that leap! – (S4, “The Leap”)
Let people off your hook so they can be free to find their right one – (S5, “Hooked”)
Even when I know something is a mistake, I sometimes want to make that mistake anyway – (S1-“Milk”)
Don’t let your “Graduation Goggles” mislead you into not making changes (S6, “Exploding Meatball Sub”)
My Sunday best is my best friend (S5, “Girls vs. Suits”)
True friends are brave enough to give you an Intervention when you need one (S4, “Intervention”)
When you care about people enough, you overlook their quirks (S3, “Spoiler Alert”)
Rain Dances really DO make it rain! (S1, “Come On”)
Just do what you feel and break those dating rules...sometimes ☺ (S3, “The Platinum Rule”)
You can catch feelings and catch them BAD! (S4, “Do I know you?”)
The only people who haven’t seen Star Wars are the characters. Because they LIVED the Star Wars (S4, Do I know you?” )
Your world opens up with endless options when you finally let other things go (S7 “No Pressure”)

1 comment:

ginalenore said...

Wendy, this is awesome! Maybe I should start watching this show, if all these fantastic quotes come from it...