Sunday, February 6, 2011

Moldy

You know that certain Mormon "Mold" that members seem to fit into?  I think I first noticed it after I moved back here to the West after being on the East Coast for quite some time.  I came back seeing all of these members of my church wearing exactly the same style of clothes, same hair style, and even talking with the same inflections in their voice and saying the same kinds of phrases.  I'll be honest, it kind of creeped me out!☺ Who came up with this Cookie Cutter Mold anyway, and why have we conformed to it?  I may get a little laugh from friends when I say so-and-so seems kind of "Moldy" and it's not meant to be rude at all...it's just my words and the way I observe people.  It is interesting to me that there are all kinds of different groups in society that have their own Prototype.  But underneath all of our different Cultural Molds, there are many unique individuals worth getting to know a little deeper. I still wonder though, why are we all Moldy?

No comments: