Monday, February 21, 2011

Wake Up Call

Do you ever feel like some things were meant just for you?  I saw some great quotes a fellow FB Friend posted that struck a chord:
"There should be in the heart of every man and woman, the cry, 'I am going to live. There is nothing given to me but time in which to live, and I am going to endeavor each day of my life to do some labor which will be acceptable in the sight of my Heavenly Father, and if possible, do a little better today than I did yesterday.'"
~Heber J. Grant
Wow!  I have forgotten about this amazing purpose to life: To live each day to please God.  That was a wake up call for me.  For a very long time now, I've been living each day quite selfishly.  And then it happened AGAIN, not too much later...another quote that was exactly what I needed to hear! 

"Finish every day & be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders & absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well & serenely & with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good & fair. It is too dear, with its hopes & invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays."
~ Ralph W. Emerson

I hate making mistakes and I have a tendency to dwell on it rather than just LettiGo! Coincidence that a fellow friend posted these on Facebook?   Maybe...maybe not ☺Either way, I am grateful.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved this, thanks for the much needed reminder!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Thanks Wendy! I needed this too. I love those quotes!