Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lift the Fog

I am anxiously awaiting the DVD release of Disney's Tangled!  Totally girly, I know. ☺  I finally went and saw it at the end of January and it won me over!  I even had an epiphany or two.  Allow me to share one: Have you ever had life experiences that left you jaded?  I have.

For over a year, I had been looking at so many things in life from a negative, jaded perspective.  Of course when I realized that I had turned into this horrible, unhappy version of myself, I wanted to change... but couldn't quite get a handle on how to do it.  I kept feeding the bitterness and it kept growing until one December night a friend hit it right on.  "You're jaded."  Something clicked and I realized in days following that if I believed in the good and happiness in the world (and in others) the way that I believed in and looked for the bad, then I would find it. So I made it a New Year goal and boy did I notice a difference!

Going back to the movie; when that song ♫ I See the Light ♫ came on, I happily related to it!  Watch and listen to it on my I-Pod/MixPod on here, it's a great song.  Like her, I didn't really know how blind I was.  But now I see things in a different light.  I can see how I was living in a fog.  That night back in January, sitting in the movie theater, I realized "the fog has lifted" just after a month of working on my goal.  And (might I add) I accomplished this without a hot guy in the boat, which makes it all the more awesome ;)

Since then, I am still working on believing in the good and I feel more happy with each day. I acknowledge that many things are not good or fair and we can be irrational, close minded and self-centered at times...and I still find it annoying.  But I do see more clearly the good in the world, the cultures, the people and myself.  It's definitely a great feeling, "it's warm and real and bright" and "the world has somehow shifted".

No comments: