This March, I thought I'd share some "Girl Power" posts to honor us women. Let's kick it off with my all-time favorite quote by Gordon B. Hinckley, a President of the LDS Church:
Some husbands regard it as their prerogative to compel their wives to fit their standards of what they think to be the ideal. It never works...I’ve tried to recognize my wife’s individuality, her personality, her desires, her background, her ambitions. Let her fly. Yes, let her fly! Let her develop her own talents. Let her do things her way. Get out of her way, and marvel at what she does.
I love what his wife, Marjorie Pay Hinckley said about her husband:
He always let me do my own thing.
He never insisted that I do anything his way, or any way, for that matter.
From the very beginning he gave me space and let me fly.
He never insisted that I do anything his way, or any way, for that matter.
From the very beginning he gave me space and let me fly.
Here's the full interview of this remarkable couple: "At Home with the Hinckleys"
No comments:
Post a Comment