Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fearless

"Our Father in Heaven does not wish us to cower. He does not want us to wallow in our misery. He expects us to square our shoulders, roll up our sleeves, and overcome our challenges."
~Joseph B. Wirthlin~

Saw this quote not long ago and it gave me strength to square my shoulders and overcome a challenge and fear. Don't get me wrong, I consider myself fearless in many ways. But I do have my Achilles Heel.  In those vulnerable situations, I talk myself out of many good things.  Sometimes even after I take a courageous step forward...I realize I hadn't mentally prepared myself for what to do next.
So then I loose my courage and retreat.
I've had an apostrophe...I mean epiphany! (you're cool if you got that, btw) Maybe I should plan at least 2 or 3 steps ahead...so I am more prepared, confident and less likely to runaway!
Genius, I know.

1 comment:

Allred's said...

Great Quote, one that I could use throughout my life as well. I hope all is getting better with your square shoulders!!