Monday, June 6, 2011

Hidden in the Hills

Some friends and I took on an adventure exploring a ghost town called Jerome.  It is an old copper mining town near Cottonwood, AZ that is now a place for tourists.  I had a good time! We checked out an old mining area, freaked out about how deep the shaft went (1900 ft!) and took crazy pictures. 
We went into town to check out shops all up the streets on a hill.  I really loved the Jerome Artists Cooperative Gallery.  All the different styles of art, bright colors and lighting created a great ambiance for me.  It's on my list of favorite art galleries.
There were other cool shops, Magpie (cute clothes & jewelry) and a candy shop.  We also heard a live rock band playing in a restaurant/bar, pretty cool! 
Who knew this place even existed? It's like a secret place hidden in the hills, but worth checking out.

No comments: