Saturday, June 11, 2011

Meant to Be?

Most of the time, I do not believe in "meant to be".  In making decisions, I feel most choices are left up to us to use our best judgement.  I believe there is no right or wrong choice, just YOUR choice. Then you decide to be happy with whatever you choose because you trust your intuition.  For all of such decisions, I have been so pleased and happy with what has come of them and wouldn't change a thing.

But there have been three instances in my life when I felt very specifically that I was to do something.  That it was "meant to be" and something else had orchestrated it.  Those came as a surprise and practically fell into my lap.  In such circumstances, they have been opposite what I had chosen to do...even seemed a mistake in my eyes and I am sure many others.  But I did it anyway, trusting that it was right.  In all three situations, I have always been amazed at how perfectly it panned out!

Here I am again, trying to make decisions. Is it my choice? Do I just decide and then be happy with what comes after? Or is there something else that is meant to be?  I am in the middle of the ride at the moment...but I suppose time will tell.  To quote a favorite movie: Tonight, I am just sending this question out into the cosmic void.  "So goodnight, Dear Void".

No comments: