I am into the T.V. show N.C.I.S. One thing we fans are fascinated with is the Team Leader, Special Agent Jethro Gibbs and his set of rules. There is a total of 51, though we do not know what all of them are yet...which of course makes them so intriguing. Gibbs writes each one down on a random piece of scratch paper and keeps his collection in a special little box at home. Here are some of my favorites:
Funny ~ #22 Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation and #23 Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live. #7 Always be specific when you lie. #12 Never date a co-worker
Other favorites ~ #3 Don't believe what you're told, double check. #11 When the job is done, walk away #35 Always watch the watchers #39 There is no such thing as a coincidence #6 Never apologize, it is a sign of weakness
Then the 40's are for Emergency use only, such as #40 If it seems someone is out to get you, they are.
I think about how we all have our own codes of conduct and how we value them. And how sometimes we allow ourselves to break one. In a newer episode, we witness Gibbs add a new rule to his collection:
Ever had a time in your life when you realized one of your rules might not always be correct? We all know it takes a lot of courage to admit that.
Another reason why I love N.C.I.S. is because of the camaraderie and sense of "family" within the team. Like in this scene with Abby, the forensic scientist and an Agent Tony DiNozzo: Typical Abby You can see why I love it, enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment