I've had some awesome trips driving in my car, listening to my music. But I think I have to ban The Eye of the Tiger. It keeps getting me into trouble!
Its first betrayal happened on a rainy, spring afternoon. I was on my way to Wyoming, jamming out to this song when I missed an important exit that kept me on the Interstate. I realized after awhile that I was heading towards Boise Idaho, but was already too far gone. I had to wait until I reached another highway that eventually lead me back to the Interstate. The Eye of the Tiger cost me at least an hour of driving on those dull Idaho roads that lead to practically nowhere.
A year later, my roommate and I were heading back to Jackson after a fun night at the Playmill Theater in West Yellowstone. The Eye of the Tiger came on and I remembered story #1...and so I shared it with my roommate. I was so into the song and story, I missed another important turn! Once again, I ended up on some random Idaho road heading who-even-knows-where. This one had pretty scenery at least, since it was in a mountain setting. I turned around (on that very narrow mountain road) when we realized we were lost and eventually made it to back to Jackson.
I was on another road trip last weekend and The Eye of the Tiger came up on my playlist. I didn't even realize how much I picked up speed...until I saw the police car parked on the side of the mountain road. You know the drill. That song cost me a speeding ticket!
Due to a series of unfortunate circumstances, I have decided to ban The Eye of the Tiger from my playlist in the car. Because we all know that song caused all those outcomes, not my amazing driving skills ;) We'll see how it goes...
1 comment:
That song is the best! I'm sorry for all the mishaps, but that's still kind of funny!
Post a Comment