Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ducks in a Row

Various dating experiences and conversations have inspired this post.
I don't believe in dating people to "fix" them. I'll admit, I do have a tiny bit of a Savior complex but I've learned it is not good, so I draw the line.
People often say "Just give the guy a chance" in spite of certain unattractive qualities
  • Unemployed, not going to school or getting some sort of training 
  • Floating around, not progressing, especially in relationships
  • Lots of other stuff, but this list is enough
Such things result in lack confidence and unhappiness.
Their sob stories will make me feel compassion, but I won't feel any attraction...at all.

People have their excuses, but I'm not a fan of excuses
(well except for my own excuses, but hey, I'm working on it ☺)
I am a huge fan of people who make things happen in their life. 
I believe in finding what you are passionate about and expressing yourself through those things. I love it when we discover what we are good at and run with it! These experiences boost our confidence and make us more interesting and attractive.

I know we are all a work in progress and we shouldn't put off dating and relationships while we make something of ourselves or work through our issues.
I've learned it is not necessary to go through such things alone.
But I appreciate people who value themselves enough to seek opportunities to grow, work to fix their own issues and make things happen in their life.

So, let's just get our ducks in a row, shall we?

Took this picture while visiting the Idaho Falls this summer

Stop making excuses and just do it. Amazing opportunities will open up. 

No comments: