I know it's not a super huge deal to you guys, but I'm pretty proud that I actually voted in this election! Many of you will shun me after you read this...but I didn't vote in the last 2 Presidential Elections, or any of the others during their duration (I think it's been about 10 years actually...)
I'm not proud of this, but I did have my reasons. One is not living in AZ (where I'm registered to vote) for either of these elections and being too caught up in other things to get an absentee ballot in time.
But I also don't like politics. I feel that most politicians just aren't worthy of my vote...
And I get frustrated because we can be so biased and choose to only see and hear what we want to see and hear. I also have issues with the whole Electoral Vote deal. I just feel like the people's voice is better represented through Popular Vote...
However, I took a Constitution Class this year for my teacher certification and I would feel hypocritical if I taught my students to be good citizens and actively participate in elections if I didn't do it myself. Plus I really wanted to vote in this election.
So I made the effort to make sure I was registered and actually applied for the early ballot.
I also did my best to educate myself on the candidates and propositions. The process was quite strenuous for me, haha! But I did it. I chose my votes based on the things I personally value as an American citizen.
So now that it's over for me, does that mean I can avoid all the political campaigning now??
Hey, a girl can dream ☺
Good luck to the rest of you in your voting endeavors!

No comments:
Post a Comment