Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of Joo-Ly!!

This year, I get to be home for the 4th of July.  I haven't been here on this holiday for a long time, so I am loving today!  Every morning, this is what we did as kids:




And this morning...the town still wakes us up at dawn blaring their sirens. As you can see, my family still rides on the fire trucks for the parade:










After the parade, we always go to a field for a Flag Raising Ceremony, watermelon and getting hosed down by the fire trucks!  Good times ☺

I love this holiday! Not just because it is so much fun, but I also love that we all unite across the nation to celebrate our love for our Country, the men and women who serve, the Flag and the Constitution.  Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

curtisdasha said...

I didn't go this year, but I sure did hear the sirens! I woke up Miles (he has never experienced it before) but all he said, after I asked if he heard the sirens, "What's wrong!" and then he went back to sleep! I could not get him up for ANYTHING! Sigh...maybe next year!!!