Sunday, October 21, 2012

Neon Splash Dash!

I ran in my first 5K last night! I put it on My List (click here) of things I want to do someday....then remembered I hate running (I prefer hiking, biking, walking), so I never really committed to that goal.

Then this spring, I got invited to do a Heart Walk (like the night before). So I spontaneously participated in my first 5K! I loved the rush and thrill that I got by joining in with so many people.
So I decided I'd like to do another sometime.

When I heard about the Neon Splash Dash (click here), I was totally on board. This was my kind of 5K:
At night, wearing glow in the dark stuff, getting spayed with glow water, music playing, and just fun! It was for all types of runners and all ages. You could even dance through the glow stations ☺

After the first glow station


While running/walking☺, I began thinking about how things like this motivate and enable most everyone to get out and participate in healthy activities. I saw children, strollers and even people in wheel chairs. I felt appreciative, inspired, thrilled... and motivated to do more.

Those colored pillars at every glow station reminded me of a scary scene in the Never Ending Story.


So next up, the Color Run 5K (click here) January 26th!!
Instead of glow water, we'll get color powder thrown on us while we run!

Already excited ☺


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love This. I wonder if they have one near me! Way to go wendy!

ginalenore said...

That's because those pillars ARE from the Neverending Story. The picture just isn't close enough to show their heads! :)